Woodland Creatures Felt Masks
A friend of mine started a fun little craft exchange on Insta! Everyone who signed up got partnered with another family to send a fall-themed craft project to do with their kiddos. We decided to do woodland creatures felt masks. I wanted it to be something the kids could hopefully get a lot of usage out of after the craft was finished! Craft projects were my LIFE when I was a little kid (and arguably still is my favorite pastime). So I am stoked to be apart of this little online community. It's like being pen pals! But with crafts!!
This craft is a little above my kid's pay-grade, so I did all the cutting beforehand and had them "build" the masks with me (aka look at the picture and try to solve the puzzle and then I glued it while they watched). It was the perfect length of time for two busy boys to sit and do a craft project with a very quick (and high) payoff.
Want to do it yourself? I put together a DIY for you to follow with templates!!
- Felt in assorted colors (I got mine at Michaels)
- Spray adhesive
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Thread & Needle
- Standar scissors
- Heavy weight paper
- Pen/Sewing marker
- Mask stencils
- Cut out stencils
- Trace stencils onto felt
- Arrange pieces correctly onto mask
- Use spray adhesive to glue down all pieces (I put down a piece of foil because it oversprays quite a bit and gets everywhere)
- Add top stitching if desired
- Measure elastic band to fit child's head, cut, and sew